Bikram yoga is traditionally done in a Hot Yoga room, but your living room will do just fine. What's great about Bikram is that it requires no equipment (though a mat and towel are nice to have). I suggest attending at least a few instructed Bikram yoga classes so you know what you're doing before you attempt it on your own. This photo is a pretty good display of the proper exercises, but it's still nice to confirm your doing it right in a class. I suggest doing this in front of a mirror if you do it at home.
I have attended other yoga classes but the reason I like Bikram in particular is that when you go to class, you know exactly what to expect. The exercises will be conducted in this way, for this amount of time. Also, I know when I go I always get a fantastic workout. I much prefer Bikram to meditative yoga.
Anyway, don't say 'I don't like yoga' without attending a variety of classes. I truly believe that there is a type of yoga for everyone.
Happy Saturday! It is bright and beautiful out today, I'll be going for a run later.
By the way: Yoga count = 4
I'm going to be making these later tonight: http://www.cookincanuck.com/2012/01/low-fat-granola-bars-with-bananas-cranberries-pecans-recipe/
I'll let you know how they go!

You should update this blog more often. I enjoy reading about your healthy lifestyle.
ReplyDelete