Recently I have had trouble stomaching eggs. As they are a perfect breakfast food, I needed a substitute.
Tofu has always been my 'go-to' meal when I'm feeling really hungry. This ensures I don't head to carbs.. 1/2 cup tofu (or 1/3 of a package) has 10.1 g of protein, and one egg has 6.0 g of protein. So (as a vegetarian in need of protein) is this a suitable alternative? I think so!
I usually make my Tofu mash with onions or mushrooms, kind of like this:
1 block firm tofu
10 small mushrooms or 1 onion
A few squirts vegetable oil
Garlic
Chives
Oregano
Salt and pepper to taste
But now, by the time I got around to cooking my mushrooms they had gone bad. All I had was tomatoes. So I made a new tofu mash...
1 block firm tofu
1/2 carton cherry tomatoes
A few squirts vegetable oil
Tomato pesto or a few spoonfuls of tomato sauce
A handful of spinach
Salt and pepper to taste
It was great! Filled me up just like a steak.


No comments:
Post a Comment